Lethbridges is devoted to protecting the rights of people suspected or accused of committing crimes.
Since 1984 we have handled a diverse range of police and non-police cases, including complex, high profile and sensitive matters.
We have acted for people from all walks of life, such as bankers, brokers, executives, accountants, lawyers, clergymen, unionists, police, doctors, students and other citizens.
Our services include providing expert legal advice, investigating and preparing cases, briefing barristers and accessing specialist witnesses and consultants.
Areas of Practice
We specialise in the following practice areas:
- White collar crimes (fraud, theft, deceptions, money laundering)
- Drug offences (importation, trafficking, cultivation, possession)
- Customs offences (possessing or importing prohibited imports)
- Sexual offences (rape, indecent assault, child pornography)
- Homicides (murder, manslaughter, culpable driving)
- Offences against the person (assault, stalking, robbery)
- Terrorism (terrorist acts, hoaxes, threats)
- Extradition (international and interstate)
- Intervention orders and breaches (Crimes Family violence).
We also have a special interest in non-police prosecutions, including:
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC)
- Australian Tax office (ATO)
- Victorian WorkCover Authority (VWA) occupational health and safety prosecutions
- Department of Primary Industries (DPI) fisheries and wildlife offences
- Local councils (Health Act offences)
- Environment Protection Authority.
Free initial consultation
Your initial consultation is free. This gives us an opportunity to explain our services and how we can assist you. It also gives you the chance to consider whether you want to use us.
The costs associated with your case will depend on how much you want to spend.
Thorough preparation of your case takes time and skill. Generally, the more preparation, the better the result.
The skills of the barrister or advocate also generally influence the outcome. There are various levels of representation available at differing costs.
We will explain the likely costs and the fee options up front.
Fixed fee – we assess your case and provide a lump sum fee to cover the expected costs. A fixed fee gives you more certainty about the costs and enables you to plan for payment. This is the most common fee option.
Pay by the hour – we give you hourly rates for services and invoice you progressively for hours worked.
Whatever your investment or choice of fee options, we will do our utmost to achieve the best result for you.